Subscribe to INT Podcast
|October 4, 2015|
Governor signs, vetos bills
SACRAMENTO (INT) - Governor Brown has signed 22 bills into law, but vetoed two. He has until September 30th to act on legislation approved by the Senate and Assembly.
· AB 317 by Assemblymember Charles Calderon (D-Whittier) Mobilehomes.
· AB 472 by Assemblymember Tom Ammiano (D-San Francisco) Controlled substances: overdose: punishment.
· AB 589 by Assemblymember Henry Perea (D-Fresno) Medical school scholarships.
· AB 787 by Assemblymember Wesley Chesbro (D-Eureka) Tribal-state gaming compacts.
· AB 838 by Assemblymember Jerry Hill (D-South San Francisco) Charter-party carriers of passengers: reports.
· AB 1481 by Committee on Budget Public safety.
· AB 1487 by Committee on Budget State government: state funds.
· AB 1518 by Assemblymember Henry Perea (D-Fresno) Weighmasters: automated weighing systems.
· AB 1578 by Assemblymember Dan Logue (R-Chico) Indian Valley Watermaster District.
· AB 1875 by Assemblymember Mike Gatto (D-Burbank) Civil procedure: depositions.
· AB 2520 by Assemblymember Isadore Hall III (D-Los Angeles) Horse racing: harness or quarter horses.
· AB 2685 by Committee on Judiciary Attorneys: annual membership fees.
· AB 2686 by Committee on Revenue and Taxation Franchise Tax Board: Taxpayers' Rights Advocate.
· AB 2688 by Committee on Revenue and Taxation Property taxes: sales and use taxes.
· AB 2693 by Committee on Governmental Organization Horse racing.
· SB 124 by Senator Christine Kehoe (D-San Diego) Claims against the state: appropriation.
· SB 289 by Senator Ed Hernandez (D-Los Angeles) Clinical laboratory techniques: training and instruction.
· SB 415 by Senator Curren Price (D-Los Angeles) State highways: relinquishment.
· SB 661 by Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrance) Crime: picketing.
· SB 807 by Senator Lou Correa (D-Santa Ana) State militia.
· SB 979 by Senator Juan Vargas (D-San Diego) Financial institutions.
· SB 1065 by Senator Christine Kehoe (D-San Diego) State claims.
· SB 1199 by Senator Bob Dutton (R-Inland Empire) Radiologic technologists.
· SB 1215 by Senator Bill Emmerson (R-Riverside) Optometry.
· SB 1309 by Senator Gloria Negrete McLeod (D-Chino) Human resources.
· SB 1402 by Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrance) Economic development: California Community Colleges Economic and Workforce Development Program.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
· AB 823 by Assemblymember Roger Dickinson (D-Sacramento) California Children's Coordinating Council.
· AB 1657 by Assemblymember Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) Traffic offenses: additional penalty: spinal cord injury research..
· AB 2309 by Assemblymember Jerry Hill (D-South San Francisco) Community colleges: Public-Private Partnership Pilot Program.
Story Date: September 20, 2012