December 11, 2018
Desert park experience gets more expensive
JOSHUA TREE – (INT) – Entrance fees to the Joshua Tree National Park are going up.

Beginning June 1st, the revised fee will be $30 per vehicle or $25 per motorcycle. An annual park pass will cost $55.

Last October, the National Park Service proposed changes in seasonal pricing to generate additional revenue for infrastructure and maintenance needs. The fee structure announced Friday addresses many concerns and ideas provided by the public on how best to address fee revenue for parks.

At Joshua Tree National Park, 80 percent of entrance fees stay in the park and are devoted to spending that supports the visitor, Superintendent David Smith said. “We share the other 20 percent of entry fee income with other national parks for their projects.”

“This increase will go a long way in helping to fix trails, improve campgrounds, and rebuild our aging infrastructure" said Smith.
Story Date: April 18, 2018
Canyon Crest Towne Centre
Color Cube Productions
NBC
East Hills Community Church
Townzilla