Subscribe to INT Podcast
|July 17, 2019|
Fire hazard closes seven hiking areas
HEMET – (INT) - Several areas of Riverside County are being closed to hikers because of the wildfire danger.
Areas becoming off-limits effective Monday include Simpson Park in the Hemet area. Also:
• Avery Canyon (Gibbel Road east of State Street in Hemet)
• North Mountain and Indian Canyon (San Jacinto area)
• Whitewater Canyon (Cabazon, north of Palm Springs)
• Nuevo/Lakeview (east of Menifee Road and San Jacinto Avenue)
• Minto (Sage) • Reinhardt Canyon (north of Highway 74 and California Avenue in Hemet)
• Reinhardt Canyon(north of Highway 74 and California Avenue in Hemet)
• Ramona Bowl and Bautista Canyon (southeast Hemet)
The closure will remain in effect until further notice. During 2018, the closure lasted until December.
Story Date: July 14, 2019