Subscribe to INT Podcast
|July 17, 2019|
Earthquake disaster assistance welcomed
TRONA – (INT) – A Local Assistance Center (LAC) is up and running at the Trona High School gym to help earthquake-impacted residents.
Various County and nonprofit agencies are on site to provide information and resources from 10am – 5pm.
- Pacific Gas & Electric reported that all natural gas service has been restored
- Southern California Edison has restored electricity to Trona
- Community water main received extensive damage and is still being repaired. There is no estimate when service will be restored
- Red Cross Emergency Response Vehicles (ERV) have been traveling through the community of Trona and assisting where needed. They have been handing out water, snacks, and clean-up kits
- Bottled water is available for residents and their animals at Trona High School 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Sandwiches and Meals Ready to Eat (MREs), 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily at Trona High School until potable water service is restored
- Behavioral Health staff is available at Trona High School for any residents needing support services, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ridgecrest Regional Hospital has re-opened
- Portapoties have been delivered to the Trona area
- A cooling center is being set-up for residents to use during the heat of the day.
Story Date: July 15, 2019