Subscribe to INT Podcast
|July 12, 2020|
Community Block Grants earmarked for Inland Empire
INLAND EMPIRE – (INT) - Another round of community block grants (CDBG) is bound from Washington to the Inland Empire. They are in the form of HOME Grants, and Emergency Services Grants (ESG) and total $56.5 million.
The incoming funds to be disbursed this year are:
• Chino: $561,770 in CDBG dollars;
• Fontana: $2.09M in CDBG dollars, $714,986 in HOME grant dollars, and $179,675 in ESG dollars;
• Ontario: $1.86M in CDBG dollars, $746,910 in HOME grant dollars, and $160,290 in ESG dollars;
• Pomona: $2.07M in CDBG dollars, $851,778 in HOME grant dollars, and $182,448 in ESG dollars;
• Rialto: $1.21M in CDBG dollars;
• San Bernardino County: $7.42M in CDBG dollars, $3,47M in HOME grant dollars, and $635,741 in ESG dollars.
The block grants can be used for a wide range of community development needs with the goal of providing affordable housing, anti-poverty programs, and community-based infrastructure development.
Story Date: February 14, 2020