November 14, 2019
Two die of carbon monoxide poisoning
MORENO VALLEY--The carbon monoxide deaths of two men have sent a harsh lesson about the dangers of the lethal, odorless gas.

The pair was asphyxiated inside a home they occupied on Eucalyptus Avenue.

Fire department spokeswoman Cheri Patterson said that utilities to the home had been shut off and that two devices had been hooked up to provide electricity and prepare food.

A camping stove inside a bathroom had been hooked up to a propane tank outside of the home. There was a generator in a bedroom, but it was not on at the time.

Eight other people, described as neighbors, were taken ill by the carbon monoxide but have recovered.

Story Date: February 6, 2009
Canyon Crest Towne Centre
Real-Time Traffic
NBC
AQMD AQI
East Hills Community Church
Habitat for Humanity
United Way of the Inland Valleys